Embrace a twist on tradition as we celebrate Croissant Day in a truly exceptional way!
Say goodbye to the usual croissant experience and dive into a world of culinary innovation with our Chocolate Cube Croissants. These delightful pastries redefine the classic croissant, offering layers of flaky perfection, generously filled with a heavenly chocolate delight.
Get ready to elevate your Croissant Day celebration and make it a uniquely delicious experience!
- 375g plain flour
- 55g caster sugar
- 1/2tsp salt
- 55g cold unsalted butter
- 1tbsp active dry yeast
- 120ml warm water
- 115g room temperature unsalted butter
- ½ melted bar of Wickedly Welsh Chocolate (flavour optional)
- Cube mould (required for a perfect cube shape)
- Cling film
- Rolling pin
- Mixing bowl
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a sizable mixing bowl.
- In a separate container, dissolve the active dry yeast in warm water and let it sit for five minutes.
- Slice the cold butter into cubes and add 55g to the flour mixture. Mix the butter with your hands until it resembles rough sand.
- Gradually incorporate the yeast mixture into the flour until it forms a dough. Knead the dough for approximately 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with cling film and let it rest for an hour until it doubles in size.
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle.
- Spread some of the room temperature butter over two-thirds of the dough.
- Fold the unbuttered third over the middle third, then fold the other end over that (similar to folding a letter).
- Roll out the dough again into a large rectangle.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8.
- Fully cover the dough with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, cut the dough into squares slightly smaller than the bottom of the cube mould, leaving room to expand; stack the squares until a cube is formed. After stacking halfway, carefully pipe your melted chocolate filling into the centre of the cube.
- Bake at 190°C for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add your desired toppings and enjoy!